We have amazing players and they need temporary homes! Elite collegiate scholarship athletes working to earn a shot at pro baseball, representing our area in the West Coast League at historic Serauxmen Stadium.
- Season tickets for host families
- Meal money, other perks
- Players arrive last few days of May, and are heading back to school by August 16, perhaps earlier if playoffs end sooner.
- Players spend a LOT of their time at the park or the gym! Rarely home for dinner, the team plays mostly evening games.
- In the 60-ish days in Nanaimo, they are on the road for away trips roughly 31 days.
- What do they need? A bed, access to washroom and shower, laundry for personal items, and they follow the rules of YOUR home! They love to talk baseball and find out more about the area from locals! Homes with the ability to take more than one player are always even more appreciated!
We plan host homes and players around transportation and rides so they can get to the gym and the field. Some families like to give rides sometimes, but we work to make that rarely needed.
The players generally eat breakfast, go to work out, grab lunch somewhere, then take batting practice etc leading up to the game, and return home after.
The team takes bus/ferry to places around BC, Alberta, WA and OR states, usually gone 3-4 days at a time, sometimes a full week away.
Most importantly— great young men, here to experience the island and face great teams in the WCL! Some of the players will go on to play in the Major Leagues!